General Squad Expectations
- Arrive on time for all sessions and with the correct kit.
- Always give your best and be coachable i.e. prepared to listen to the coach and work effectively to meet training targets and goals.
- Be respectful to the coaching staff, team mates and poolside helpers both at training and competition.
- Enter designated competitions for your squad and enter a wide range of events.
- Be available to represent the club at galas for which you are selected.
- Have fun and support each other, but aim to achieve goals for yourself not to please others.
Specific Squad Expectations
- Swimmers have the ability to and demonstrate the attitude and desire to progress and compete at Regional level. They back this up with an energetic, positive and committed approach to their training.
- They demonstrate a strong work ethic and are committed to achieving the attendance requirement of attending all available training sessions each week more often than not, and a minimum of 4 pool sessions and 1 land training each week.
- Swimmers are on poolside at least 15 minutes before the start of each pool session (excluding Tuesdays & morning training) to complete stability and mobility work. Swimmers will not get in the pool until they have completed 15 minutes of good quality pre-pool work.
- Swimmers complete at least 10 minutes of stretching after every pool session.
- Work towards squad training and competition goals.
- Swimmers strive towards best quality practice at all times.
Work towards achieving process and outcome objectives in competition.